Friday, October 19, 2012

Fun Facts Friday

Each Friday I am going to post some facts about Disney World, Disneyland, or Disney Movies.

Today we are going to talk about five Bizarre Facts about Disney, these facts are things I have found online and I did not know about.

5. There are hidden Mickey Mouse ears all over the theme parks. These can be anywhere in the park, though paintings or on the ground with shapes of the rocks. I did not know this one, though maybe I should have since I have been to Disney World so many time. Next time I go which is in 2013 I am going to try and find as many as I can while I am there, and take some photos.

4. This was back in the day, well in the 60's which was back in the day for me. That if you were a male and you worked at Disney you were not allow to have facial hair, you had to be clean cut and looked nice, it was not until the 2000's when men were allowed to have facial hair that was neat.

3. Like many jobs you should not date someone that you work with. That is the same with Disney, you are not allowed to date someone that also works at Disney. Also cast members are not allowed to flirt with guest.

2. We all have heard about the Disney vault, where your favorite movies are put back in the vault, well these movies are held inside the vault for ten years before they are released again, so if you favorite movie is out right now you might want to get it if not then you have to wait ten years for it to come out again.

1. Because Walt wanted to ensure that everything would be as magical as possible when Disneyland was being built in the early 50s, he had an apartment built in the theme park, which was an hour from where he lived in California. Employees would know when he was in the apartment, above the fire station on Main Street USA, when the light was on in the window at night. To this day, more than 45 years after his death, a light is left on in the window in his memory and supposedly the room has been left untouched since he passed away. Perhaps Mickey’s Ears are not the only things you could ever see at Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment